- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can Stewed Italian tomatoes.
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion.
- 1.5 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
1.) Strain and crush the can of stewed tomatoes.
2.) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to completly combine.
3.) Pour mixture into jar and store for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer.
*Note: I have also used frozen whole tomatoes as an alternative for this recipe. After they go through a thaw I peel and crush and add some dried Italian seasonings and I cook them of the stove top for about 5 minutes or until they are mushy. It's not the same taste, but it's a great way to use left over tomatoes if you've had a huge crop this season.
Next time... we will work on spicing up our lives with some pickled Jalapenos!