Thursday, July 16, 2009

Super Easy Smear Cookies!

So, I have to admit. Even though I looove healthy food. Deep down, I'm a junk food junkie. On the plus side, I've been making a lot more of my junk food at home, and made from scratch. Translation: Less preservatives, and I can alter the contents to be healthier (If I wanted to haha). Now, no worries about this recipe being altered in any way. This is a straight up Pioneer Woman recipe, and those are very rarely altered by moi. :)

*For those of you who are not familiar with the Pioneer woman the link to her website is here. She is one of my idols, and one hell-of-a woman! :D

Today were making "spreads". For a link to the original recipe Clickie here .


First: Pre-heat your oven, to about 350Degrees , and prepare a baking sheet as normal.


Next: Gather your ingreedents (full recipe can be found at the end of this post...)
Begin mixing
First... Blend your butter and sugar, then add your egg...
blend it carefully now, no one likes a tough cookie haha!

Add the Flour...
Salt and Vanilla...
Mix until blended.
Spread the cookie batter on your baking sheet, spatulas help, but a regular butter knife would work too...
Bake for 15-20 Min. (Because I'm using a gas oven, I stick with a time that is about half way between.)
Once the "cookie" is golden brown, pull from the oven and cover with chocolate chips... this is where the ONLY variation comes in... Because I was using dark chocolate, I decided to sweeten it up a bit by tossing in some white chocolate chips.
Pop that bad boy back in the oven for about a min or 2 and watch as the melty doom ensues...
Once melted, smear the chocolate chips to coat the cookie evenly... I added extra white chips at this point for extra effect.

*Drool*
Once the cookies have cooled, cut into bars with a knife or a pizza cutter and enjoy :D
Smear cookies:

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Margarine (No subbing butter now use the good stuff its much better, trust me...)
1 Egg
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
6-8 oz. Dark/ Milk Chocolate chips
3 oz. White chocolate chips.